A tile bathroom shower not only looks beautiful – it is also practical. Indeed, tile can fortify the walls in your shower and it can make it a lot easier to clean. Because bathrooms become so humid, mold can start to grow. On drywall, the mold can actually cause a significant amount of damage. In a tiled shower, all you need to do is wipe down the mold. When you install tiles, however, you want to be sure that you take your time and you want to be very careful about the size and type of tile you choose. Here is how to install tile in a bathroom shower.
- Make sure that your shower or bathroom is prepped. Before you add tile – from a company like Tiles Direct – you want to tear down the old tile, or you want to sand off the paint that is on the wall. Ideally, you want to have a totally clean surface to work with.
- Make sure that you have a blueprint. Once you have a clean surface, you want to have a plan for how you will lay out the tile. In most cases, you don’t want to just start placing tile – the finished product will look disorganized and unprofessional. When it comes down to it, you will need to write out your blueprint plans and you want to mark the wall for where the tile starts and ends. Also, it is important to have a plan so that you don’t block the drain. Moreover, you want to measure out where you will place tiles around the windows, because you don’t want to wind up with water damage.
- Make sure that you set the tiles. Once you have the blueprint and your marked area, you can start laying the tiles. You can lay the tiles by placing them on the wall and making sure that they all fit. When you cut tiles, you want to be sure that you cut the ideal size for the niche tiles, which will go along the bottom of your shower or tub. Also, you want to have niche tiles cut out for the corners too.
- Make sure to use brackets to hold tiles in place. When you have all your tiles in place, you want to place brackets between them for evenness. These brackets will help keep your tiles in place. Keeping your tiles in place will be important when you are adding the grout. If you don’t, your tiles may not set correctly and you may be dealing with future water damage.
- Make sure that you apply grout and shave off the excess. On top of everything, you also want to be sure that you grout correctly and evenly. Grout is important, because it will ensure that your tiles stay in one place. Moreover, grout will make sure that your tile is water protected. When you apply grout, you want to be sure that you wipe off the excess before it dries. In the end, wiping off the excess grout will ensure that your tiles look clean and professionally done.