If you are planning on remodeling your home, you are going to need a few pointers. Typically, you can’t just jump into the home remodeling process. Ideally, you want to have a plan. Without directions, your remodel may look messy and disorganized. Also, if you are remodeling for the sake of boosting your home’s value, not having a blueprint may actually result in lowering your home’s value. Fortunately, there are a lot of home renovations that you can do that won’t set you back too far, but will significantly boost the quality of your life and enjoyment of your home. Here are five clever home remodeling ideas for newbies.
- Turn that extra bathroom that you don’t use into extra storage. Many people have bathrooms in their home that they just don’t use. If you have a powder room or an area that is reserved solely for freshening up, you may want to turn that room into an extra closet. The truth of the matter is that you can never have too much storage space.
- Tear down that wall between the kitchen and the living space. There is also a good chance that you have a big wall that divides your kitchen and your living space. These days, dividing walls are old fashioned and they can actually limit the space you have in your home. If you are shopping at Stash Home for new furniture, you may want to think about tearing down that dividing wall and opening up your living room. You will have a lot more space to decorate and entertain.
- Transform your attic into a cozy living space instead of a dank, dark space where you would never go. If you have an attic that is not being used because it is so dark and dank, there is a good chance that you are wasting square footage in your home. If this is the case, you may want to find out how you can turn that space into a living area. Usually, this will require cleaning out the attic, providing ventilation and then insulating. You could even install a projector and have a little home movie room.
- Turn your staircase into a bookshelf or a storage area. If you take a look at your staircase, there is a good chance that you will see a lot of space underneath it that you could be using. Many homeowners have this space, but don’t realize its potential. You could turn the bottom of your staircase into a bookshelf or even a closet for more storage. Again, you can never have too much storage.
- Transform your kitchen cabinets into storage spaces for your appliances. On top of everything, you may want to do a little analysis of your kitchen cabinets. If you have any lower cabinets that you aren’t using, you may be able to turn these areas into hiding spaces for unsightly appliances, like your dishwasher or microwave. In the end, you can literally transform your kitchen by streamlining and hiding appliances.