Get peace and comfy at your house – With the acoustic insulation, then we will slow down or even stop the sound waves and in the end will make us get a ‘peace’ that we desire. Interestingly, by applying the appropriate acoustic insulation in the home, then we can save more energy and will ultimately enable us to save more money.
Here are 8 different types of acoustic insulation by materials used we need to know.
- Drywall Acoustic – this is one of the materials used for acoustic insulation consisting of two thin layers of drywall that is able to absorb the sound as it comes with polymer material viscoleastic-based that is placed between the two layers. When compared with regular drywall, then the price for drywall acoustic far more expensive. We will get varying levels of thickness of drywall acoustic – the thicker the better more expensive.
- Acoustic foam – this is one of the materials used for acoustic insulation that is offered at a price that is affordable, economical, and able to give users the desired comfort. Make sure we get the right amount of acoustic foam in order to get fit thermal protection as required by our house.
- Sound boards – this is one of the materials used for acoustic insulation is placed between wall studs and drywall. Its function is as a layer of sound dampening for any high-frequency sound that comes and various parts. By applying sound boards, then the noise will be reduced and we will issue a low cost for both installation and labor.
- Batt – this is one of the materials used for acoustic insulation made from a wide selection of materials – synthetic, natural, recycled. This is an item that offers high quality thermal insulation. For installation of acoustical batt fairly easy, but make sure we read the instructions carefully.
- Matting acoustic – this is one of the materials used for acoustic insulation which is very suitable to be applied on the wooden floor. Typically, acoustic matting will be placed under the floor boards and fiber rolls additional acoustic soundproof placed between the beams.
- Wallboards acoustic – this is one of the materials used for acoustic insulation that is installed on a wall which serves to hold the sound waves might penetrate the wall and bring comfort to the occupants.
- Boundary sound barriers – this is one of the materials used for acoustic insulation that we can apply to the outside of the building. Usually, it comes in a good quality that we can use to reduce the noise from the highway or noisy neighbors.
- Natural fiber – this is one of the materials used for acoustic insulation that comes in a wide selection of materials ranging from cork, hemp, cotton, wool, coconut coir, sea grass, light wood fibers, and others. We can also get a wide choice of materials of vegetable wastes for use as insulation such as corn cobs, peanut shells, and others.
So, if we want to get peace and a more comfortable life without having to interfere with a variety of noise, then we can apply the acoustic insulation in homes by choosing the right material.