Bring beauty at your window with applying interior shutters – When we talk about interior shutters, then we’ll talk about how to present the design of practical as well as decorative.
To note, the presence of shutters will give a classic look to a room, serves as a window covering that is capable of blocking sunlight, and is able to provide homeowners the desired privacy. If we want to apply the shutters, then here are 8 tips for installing interior shutters for homeowners that we can make as a guide.
- Prepare some equipment that we will need to complete the work i.e. shutters, drill, pencil, hanging strips, measuring tape, and hinges. Make sure all the equipment is ready before the project is done and make sure that we have a window, rectangular (rather than other forms).
- Measure the top corner to the opposite direction at the bottom corner on both sides. After that, take the measurement depth of the window frame on the front to the back of the nearest obstruction. Make sure there is 1.5 inch to 2 inch depth to attach to the inside of a window shutter.
- After that, take the measurement height and width of the inside of the window that opens. Perform measurements at several different points, and make the largest measurement results as a guide to get the shutters. Get shutters that we want then cut according to the size of what we have seen previously using saw. Do not forget to follow all instructions on the correct cutting shutters to look at the packaging.
- Raise the shutters to the window, mark where to drill holes that will be used to install the hinges, and install shutters and do drilling. Make sure the shutters are in the correct place and then screw. Anyway, do not forget to use a thin piece of wood along the window shutters during installation so that we do not need to touch the window directly.
- Make sure shutters are in the upright position, is able to open and close properly, and when everything is just right, we can do the same on other windows that are in our homes.
- When we are confused with interior shutters installation method, then we can ask for help from the manufacturer of shutters that has a good reputation for giving us the best advice in the installation of shutters.
- Make sure we get high quality shutters are typically owned by some famous brands. It’s important we do in order to maximize the appearance of the interior shutters.
- Get the best types of shutters materials such as basswood. It is one of the best types of wood that has a granular texture and diverse, durable, hard, not easy to warp, and is able to give dazzling display.
So, if we now want to implement a more dazzling display in the windows of houses, then we can apply the shutters and apply 8 tips for installing interior shutters for homeowners above.