When we talk about one of the materials of furniture that can be relied upon for its strength, robustness, and its appeal, then the wood is the answer.
There are various types of wood that we can use for our later use as furniture with aesthetic value and high functionality. Basically, the type of wood used for the manufacture of furniture divided into two categories: indoor and outdoor. This time we will discuss about the 8 different types of wood for outdoor furniture and here is the list.
- The White cedar – this is one type of soft wood with bright colors decorated with straight grain and knots in abundance. As one of the outdoor furniture-making materials, a white cedar wood is resistant to various kinds of weather, not easily decompose, less susceptible to fungi and insects, and very easy in terms of maintenance. If we want to get the maximum durability of the wood for decades into the future, then do the proper maintenance is the key.
- Redwood – this is one type of soft wood has a straight grain pattern selected as outdoor furniture because of its durability which can be relied upon. We will not see this kind of simple wood rot or termites exposed. How the treatment was so easy and simple, just spray with a hose and wipe dry, then wipe the dirt including mushrooms to clean.
- Pine – this is one type of soft wood with a straight grain pattern that can be used as materials for both indoor and outdoor furniture. If we want to get outdoor furniture made of wood types, then we have to make sure the pine has been coated with oil-based coatings. How this type of wood treatment is quite simple, we can clean it with a mixture of water and soap, then wipe them clean and dry.
- Jarrah – this is one type of hardwood with a fine grain pattern. The advantages of this type of wood are fire resistant, termite resistant, rot resistant, and easy in terms of maintenance. By applying the proper care, then we can sustain this type of wood for decades to come.
- Roble – this is the kind of solid wood that has a fairly light weight. Its strength cannot be underestimated, durable, rot-resistant, and easy to clean. The color is like gold makes a lot of interest, and if we want to maintain its golden color, then we have to do the treatment every 6 months by applying a special formula.
- Teak wood – this is one type of solid wood that has outstanding toughness level. Has a fine grain, rot resistant, and easy to maintain making this kind of wood are sought after by devotees.
- Native white oak – this is one type of wood that is very appropriate to be used for the manufacture of outdoor furniture because of its durability owned, not easily decompose, and not easy to crack. Maintenance is very easy and has a pattern that is quite charming.
- Cypress – this is one type of hardwood that is very durable. By applying this type of wood as materials for outdoor furniture, then we will get a dependable durability, not easy to decompose, not easy to crack, and offers a very simple way of treatment.
So, with 8 different types of wood for outdoor furniture that has been mentioned above, then we can choose the right type of wood and can enjoy its beauty with the right treatment.